Recipe by Jane from Ohio
This is my mother;s recipe. It has to be at least 60 years old. The dough is soft and has to be refrigerated before using, but these are delicious. I can't stop eating them.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup ground walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and butter with pastry blender.
- Make a well in the center.
- add 1 egg yolk and sour cream.
- Mix together well.
- Divide dough in 3 balls.
- Wrap each ball in wax paper.
- Chill overnight.
- Next day, take out one ball at a time.
- roll out on floured board in a circle.
- as a pie crust 12" to 13" across.
- Mix 3/4 cut ground walnuts and.
- 3/4 cups of sugar.
- Divide this filling into 3 parts.
- Sprinkle over rolled out dough.
- Then roll nuts lightly into dough with a rolling pin.
- Cut into 16 wedges.
- Roll each piece wide end first to narrow tip.
- Place narrow end down on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until golden.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.