1/3 Photos of Nut Horns
Jane from Ohio's Note:
This is my mother;s recipe. It has to be at least 60 years old. The dough is soft and has to be refrigerated before using, but these are delicious. I can't stop eating them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour and butter with pastry blender.
- 2Make a well in the center.
- 3add 1 egg yolk and sour cream.
- 4Mix together well.
- 5Divide dough in 3 balls.
- 6Wrap each ball in wax paper.
- 7Chill overnight.
- 8Next day, take out one ball at a time.
- 9roll out on floured board in a circle.
- 10as a pie crust 12" to 13" across.
- 11Mix 3/4 cut ground walnuts and.
- 123/4 cups of sugar.
- 13Divide this filling into 3 parts.
- 14Sprinkle over rolled out dough.
- 15Then roll nuts lightly into dough with a rolling pin.
- 16Cut into 16 wedges.
- 17Roll each piece wide end first to narrow tip.
- 18Place narrow end down on cookie sheet.
- 19Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until golden.
- 20Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Nutritional Facts for Nut Horns
Serving Size: 1 (874 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.1
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 36.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g