Merle 1's Note:
Mexican recipe of 2 eggs, one with a red sauce on top and the other with a green sauce separated on the dish by a serving of refried beans. I'm not including the recipe for refried beans, just using canned beans for simplicity. The idea is more in the presentation than a specific recipe of the the 2 different salsas and separation by beans. Every restaurant has their own recipe for salsa that goes on the eggs. In Mexico they use sunny side up eggs cause they can't turn them because they don't refrigerate eggs. I make them over easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In blender put 3 jalapenos, can of tomato sauce,1/2 the cilantro,1/2 onion, 1/2 gartlic and blend, salt to taste.
- 2put aside. this is red sauce.
- 3In blender put tomatillos, 3 jalapenos, 1/2 onion, 1/2 cilantro, and 1/2 garlic.
- 5Salt to taste.
- 6Put aside. This is green sauce.
- 7heat tortilla in oil til soft and flexible put aside and maintain hot.
- 8heat can of refried beans.
- 9Put 2 tortillas on plate separated by the beans. On top of tortillas place over easy or sunny side up egg.
- 10Place green sauce on one egg and red sauce on other.
- 11voila -- huevos divorciados.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nuevo Laredo Huevos Divorciados
Serving Size: 1 (1337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 960.7
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 459.2 mg
- Sodium 3899.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.4 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 48.8 g