Recipe by Merle 1
Mexican recipe of 2 eggs, one with a red sauce on top and the other with a green sauce separated on the dish by a serving of refried beans. I'm not including the recipe for refried beans, just using canned beans for simplicity. The idea is more in the presentation than a specific recipe of the the 2 different salsas and separation by beans. Every restaurant has their own recipe for salsa that goes on the eggs. In Mexico they use sunny side up eggs cause they can't turn them because they don't refrigerate eggs. I make them over easy.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 large eggs
- 2 corn tortillas
- 6 jalapenos
- 1 medium onion
- 8 tomatillos
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender put 3 jalapenos, can of tomato sauce,1/2 the cilantro,1/2 onion, 1/2 gartlic and blend, salt to taste.
- put aside. this is red sauce.
- In blender put tomatillos, 3 jalapenos, 1/2 onion, 1/2 cilantro, and 1/2 garlic.
- Salt to taste.
- Put aside. This is green sauce.
- heat tortilla in oil til soft and flexible put aside and maintain hot.
- heat can of refried beans.
- Put 2 tortillas on plate separated by the beans. On top of tortillas place over easy or sunny side up egg.
- Place green sauce on one egg and red sauce on other.
- voila -- huevos divorciados.