Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
When you're single, sometimes it just doesn't make sense to cook for an army. This little meatloaf recipe makes just enough for one or two and it's deeelish!
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup saltine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a lg bowl, beat the egg.
- Add the cracker crumbs, onion, salt, sage, and a dash of black pepper, if desired.
- Crumble the meat in and mix will with your hands. Place in a shallow loaf pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Spoon over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees until meat is no longer pink, about 40 minutes. Drain off excess grease. Let the meatloaf rest about 10 minutes before carving.
I replaced the saltines with coarsely ground oatmeal -- a standard for me -- and otherwise followed the recipe. The milk was not mentioned but I added it in step 2. The results were moist and delicious with a slightly spicy-slightly sweet sauce on top. I will miss you Amy.
I made this exactly as posted and it is delicious, Just the right size for a single meal and a leftover sandwich. A good basic comfort food recipe. I will be making this again. Thanks for posting Amy!