Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Superb! I don't remember where the recipe came from but I wish I had 100 more as good as this one.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces Appenzeller cheese, grated
- 4 ounces gouda cheese, grated
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- Butter a large rectangular baking dish and set it aside.
- Combine the stock and wine, bring to a boil and reduce it to 3/4 cup.
- bring the cream to a boil and reduce it to 3 cups.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the garlic and shallots and cook them until they are soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the reduced stock and cream.
- Whisk in the mustard.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cheeses, stirring often until they have melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dents.
- Drain and toss it with the butter.
- Add the tomato, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce to the cheese mixture and heat the sauce thoroughly.
- Pour the cheese sauce over over the pasta, tossing well.
- Transfer to the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until the cheese melts and is golden, about 5 minutes.