Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This quesadilla has marinated grilled chicken, sauteed mushrooms and onions, frozen spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and brie cheese. The brie makes it very buttery and delicious. The measurements for the marinade are estimates so feel free to use your judgment. Prep time includes marinating.
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 -10 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) pre-sliced mushrooms
- 6 -8 ounces brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- For Marniade:.
- Combine garlic, salt, pepper, teriyaki, Worcestershire, honey, hot sauce, and chicken in a ziploc bag. Allow to marinate in the fridge at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat EVOO in a large skillet over medium high heat and sautee chicken about 4-5 minutes on each side until done. Remove chicken to a cutting board and cut into bite size pieces.
- Add onion and mushrooms (and more EVOO if necessary) to the skillet and sautee until golden brown and tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and add the thawed and drained spinach, chopped sun dried tomatoes, and chicken. Stir until thoroughly combined. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Preheat a griddle or skillet to medium high heat (about 375). Spray with Pam or use butter.
- Place slices of brie on both sides of the tortilla and cover half of the tortilla with the filling mixture. Fold in half and grill until crispy.
- Note: I used a panini press to make the quesadillas, but they can also be made in a skillet or the oven. If using a skillet, preheat to medium high heat and spray with Pam. Place the folded quesadilla in the skillet and top with another heavy skillet, then flip and repeat on the other side. If using an oven, preheat to about 375 and cook until golden and crispy.