Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are lower fat and diabetic,, what could be better.
Make and share this Not-So-Devilish Deviled Eggs recipe from Food.com.
- 8 hard-cooked egg whites, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 4 hard-cooked egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup creamy low fat cottage cheese, drained (1 percent)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- paprika, for sprinkling
- parsley sprig (to garnish)
- Place 4 of the egg yolks in a food processor or blender (discard the other 4) with the mayonnaise, cottage cheese, curry, mustard and pepper sauce.
- Process until smooth.
- Spoon the filling into a pastry bag with star tip.
- Pipe the filling into the egg whites, then sprinkle with the paprika.
- Garnish with the parsley.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
These were good eggs, but just not sure yet whether I really like the curry with the eggs. I do like the idea that they are diabetic friendly though and I will be making them again, probably without the curry. Thanks for the recipe.