Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
20 minute Frittata adapted from a womens magazine
- 4 slice cooked bacon (optional)
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 29.58 ml drippings, from bacon
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g potatoes, thinly slice
- 236.59 ml shredded cheese
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml leftover vegetables (peas, or asparagus work nicely )
- Preheat oven to 400°F In ovenproof pan saute potatoes and onion in oil until tender-about 10 min stirring often . In bowl beat eggs with 1/2 cup water salt and pepper : Stir in 1/2 c cheese and leftover vegetable. Pour over the potato /onion mixture and crumble cooked bacon on top. Bake in oven 10 min then add rest of cheese and bake 5 min or until set.Do not over cook . Cool before serving.
This is such a versatile recipe! I used milk instead of the water added to the eggs. I used a vegetable mix of carrots, peas and corn which worked very well. Thanks for a lovely recipe!
Mmmm!!! I love a good frittata, I used the bacon as I love crispy bacon and I think it adds to the dish I also used red onion and mushrooms. The cheese I used was scottish cheddar which is quite a strong cheese and this was very good, I had it for lunch with a salad, a very nice recipe, thanks for posting. Made for PAC Spring 2010.