Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This has a wonderful combination of flavors.
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesfrozen French style green beans
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the green beans according to the package directions, except omit salt.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook the onion in margarine until onion is tender.
- Stir in the bread crumbs; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the soup, yogurt, pimiento, and pepper.
- Stir in the beans.
- Transfer mixture to a 1-quart casserole.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture atop beans in casserole.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is heated through and the crumbs are golden.
- If desired, garnish with additional pimiento pieces.
AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME...I've given up with the USUAL green bean casserole, my DH wouldn't touch the stuff. Now there is new hope, WE loved this!!! THX for the recipe! Will definitely be a holiday dish...