Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
For those who like a less hot and more tomato taste in chili. Wonderful with cornbread or corn muffins.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cansmild chili beans
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 medium chopped green pepper
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Brown beef in skillet.
- In another skillet, saute peppers, onion, celery and garlic.
- Mix veggies with beef, put into crockpot.
- Add beans, tomatoes, chili powder and cumin.
- Cook on low 6 hrs or high 4 hours.
Great chili. I followed the recipe except that I halved it for 2 of us. Very simple, smelled great, and was really tasty. Thanks usmcwf83 for a keeper. Congrats on your football win!
I've got this cooking now and just tasted it! Its my new favorite chili recipe. I used kidney beans instead of chili beans, garlic salt instead of cloves and red pepper instead of cumin plus added salt and pepper. Its great! Thanks
This is very good, easy , and great to have in the crock pot when you get home from work. I followed the recipe mostly. I didn't have enough onion so I used some chives I had on hand.Made for PAC Fall 07