Recipe by Redsie
From Hershey. Haven't tried yet.
Top Review by chia
this is fantastic! i thought i had 1 1/2 bags of dates, but i only had 1/2 bag, so i added some chopped dried apples, pears and plums to make an even cup. i used 2 regular loaf pans and baked for 1 hour. these are dense, moist,nutty, fruity, delicious. i brought a loaf into the office and it disappeared. this one's a keeper.
- 354.88 ml boiling water
- 236.59 ml dates, chopped
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- 236.59 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour water over dates in medium bowl; let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease four 3-1/4x5-3/4x2-1/4-inch foil miniature loaf pans.
- Beat sugar, egg, oil and vanilla in large bowl on high speed of mixer 3 minutes. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add alternately with dates to egg mixture, beating until blended. Stir in walnuts and small chocolate chips. Pour about 1-1/4 cups batter into each prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.