Recipe by Karen in MA
Gjetost is a rich, carmelized Norwegian goat cheese.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
Made this for dinner last night for DH, myself and my aunt. The advantages of this dish are the very easy preparation and simple ingredient list. However, we found the chicken to be a little dry and the sauce a bit bland. The only modification we made was to use dry sherry versus cooking sherry.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- white pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup gjetost cheese, shredded
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into serving-sized pieces; rub chicken with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken in butter on all sides.
- Add broth and sherry to browned chicken. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add parsley and cream to drippings. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, and cook until sauce is reduced to about 1 cup.
- Stir in cheese and cook just until it is melted. Pour sauce over chicken and serve garnished with parsley.