3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 2 1/4 ounces yeast
- 1/2 cup water (105-110 Degrees F)
- 2 cups lukewarm milk (90-105 Degrees F)
- 7 cups bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mace or 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cinnamon (yes, that is correct)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1Combine sugar, salt, margarine, eggs and almond flavoring.
- 2Dissolve yeast in warm water, let stand 5 minutes, then add to combined mixture along with milk.
- 3Blend together flour and mace or nutmeg.
- 4Add to above mixture, possibly needing a little more flour. Dough should be soft and just slightly sticky.
- 5Knead on a floured surface for 8-10 minutes, until thumb print 'bounces back'.
- 6Let rise about 2 hours in a warm place (75-85 degrees F).
- 7Punch down, let rest 20 minutes.
- 8Divide dough in half. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- 9Roll each half out into a 9*16 inch rectangle, about 1/8 inch thick.
- 10Brush one long edge with egg white mixed with water.
- 11Spread remaining surface generously with melted margarine.
- 12Mix cinnamon and sugar together.
- 13Sprinkle buttered portion generously with cinnamon-sugar mixture and raisins.
- 14Roll filled dough to egg-washed edge and pinch along entire edge to seal.
- 15Slice in 1 inch slices, place cut side down and nearly touching, best not too crowded or too near edge on baking sheets.
- 16Let rise until double.
- 17Bake in preheated oven at 375 F until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- 18Thoroughly mix frosting ingredients; frost buns while warm, but not hot, with frosting mixture.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Northern Frontier Cinnamon Buns
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.7
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 357.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g