Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
Make and share this Northern Frontier Cinnamon Buns recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 2 1⁄4 ounces yeast
- 1⁄2 cup water (105-110 Degrees F)
- 2 cups lukewarm milk (90-105 Degrees F)
- 7 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace or 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cinnamon (yes, that is correct)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar (may need more)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Combine sugar, salt, margarine, eggs and almond flavoring.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water, let stand 5 minutes, then add to combined mixture along with milk.
- Blend together flour and mace or nutmeg.
- Add to above mixture, possibly needing a little more flour. Dough should be soft and just slightly sticky.
- Knead on a floured surface for 8-10 minutes, until thumb print 'bounces back'.
- Let rise about 2 hours in a warm place (75-85 degrees F).
- Punch down, let rest 20 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Roll each half out into a 9*16 inch rectangle, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Brush one long edge with egg white mixed with water.
- Spread remaining surface generously with melted margarine.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together.
- Sprinkle buttered portion generously with cinnamon-sugar mixture and raisins.
- Roll filled dough to egg-washed edge and pinch along entire edge to seal.
- Slice in 1 inch slices, place cut side down and nearly touching, best not too crowded or too near edge on baking sheets.
- Let rise until double.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 F until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Thoroughly mix frosting ingredients; frost buns while warm, but not hot, with frosting mixture.
Excellent! I did make a couple of changes, I used butter in place of margarine for the dough and the filling, and I used 1 tablespoon yeast, I also reduced the eggs to two, thank you Bunny Mom!...Kitten:)