Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this off of Cabot's website.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 8 ounces grated cabot 50% reduced-fat monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 ounces grated cabot 75% reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon slivered fresh basil leaf
- In heat-proof fondue pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add green onion, shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine and bring to boil. Reduce heat to maintain gentle simmer and cook for 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Whisk in cheeses and nutmeg and return fondue to simmer, stirring constantly.
- In small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water; whisk mixture into fondue.
- Serve sprinkled with basil and surrounded with vegetables and crusty bread.