Recipe by SnowHat
The North Roll has four sections to signify north, south, east and west. The Egg Glaze gives them a golden, glossy top. Egg Glaze: Combine 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water. Stir well.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package quick-rising yeast
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt.
- Heat milk, water, and butter until very warm (120 to 130oF).
- Gradually add to dry ingredients.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 48 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into smooth ball.
- Place four balls (to signify north, south, east and west) into greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Brush egg glaze over surface of rolls.
- Bake at 400oF for 10 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.