Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from a long-defunct and short-lived 1980's magazine, "New Woman." It's a delicious and easy soup, and although the recipe doesn't call for it, I like to add cabbage and to spice it up with some crushed red pepper.
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan. Cook carrot and onion in hot oil, 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic, basil and ham and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and if using whole tomatoes, crush. Add broth & beans. Mash some of the beans with potato masher. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add pasta, and cook until done per package directions.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.