1/3 Photos of North Croatian Roasted Duck
This is traditional fall dinner, usually served with “mlinci” (recipe also on Zaar). It is very easy and simple; I am adding some of my procedure tricks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean the duck and salt only from inside 2-3 hours before roasting. Add one tablespoon of marjoram inside the duck to cover inside meat.
- 2Heat oven to 250°C If there is enough fat inside duck, remove this fat and melt it separately in small pot; add lard. Heat lard and pour over duck’s skin (that way we close pores on skin).
- 3Immediately put the duck into hot oven, roast 20 minutes on 250°C and than reduce heat to 180°C Last 20 minutes roast again on 200°C
- 4Duck weight 2500 g need about 120 minutes roasting.
- 5Start cutting the duck after 15 minutes resting outside. Use this time to remove fat drippings you will need for “mlinci”.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North Croatian Roasted Duck
Serving Size: 1 (643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2638.4
- Calories from Fat 2325
- Total Fat 258.3 g
- Saturated Fat 87.5 g
- Cholesterol 486.7 mg
- Sodium 2331.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 71.8 g