Yummy Kaftas are perfect for lunch or appetizer. Serve with your favorite yogurt cucumber dipping sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix lamb, onion, poppy seeds, cumin, salt, cinnamon and cayenne in large bowl.
- 2Add egg and mix well.
- 3Form lamb mixture into a 3 x 1/2 inch long rolls.
- 4Repeat with remaining lamb mixture to make about 12 kaftas.
- 5Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet on medium heat and add 1/2 of the kaftas.
- 6Cook kaftas for 7 minutes or until cooked through and browned on all sides.
- 7Drain on paper towels.
- 8Repeat with remaining kaftas, adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil as needed.
- 9To serve kaftas, carefully slide a wooden skewer lengthwise through center of each kafta.
- 10Serve with Dipping Sauce.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for North African Lamb Kaftas
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.9
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 129.4 mg
- Sodium 668.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 21.4 g