- 1 lb carrot
- 1 pinch sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 7 fluid ounces dry apple cider
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3⁄4 ounce butter
- 1⁄4 pint cream
- chopped fresh parsley (, to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice carrots on the diagonal into 1/4 inch slices.
- Put a pot of water onto boil and add the sugar and some salt, add carrots and boil 8 minutes.
- Drain and place them in a shallow pan with the cider, lemon juice and butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and grate a little nutmeg over them.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and continue until all liquid has evaporated and the carrots are covered with a nice glaze.
- Add the cream and heat through, shaking the pan to coat carrots with it.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with the parsley sprinkled over the top.