Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
love this carrot dish
- 1 lb carrot
- 1 pinch sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 7 fluid ounces dry apple cider
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3⁄4 ounce butter
- 1⁄4 pint cream
- chopped fresh parsley (, to garnish)
- Peel and slice carrots on the diagonal into 1/4 inch slices.
- Put a pot of water onto boil and add the sugar and some salt, add carrots and boil 8 minutes.
- Drain and place them in a shallow pan with the cider, lemon juice and butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and grate a little nutmeg over them.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and continue until all liquid has evaporated and the carrots are covered with a nice glaze.
- Add the cream and heat through, shaking the pan to coat carrots with it.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with the parsley sprinkled over the top.
These are good! We loved the creamy sauce. Very easy recipe, and a very refreshing change from the ordinary carrots. Thanks, Evie*!
I had unexpected dinner guests tonight and decided to try these carrots. They got rave reviews and disappeared like a snowflake on water.
I nixed the cream, added more cider, and some freshly grated ginger (just a touch). Excellent carrots!