Recipe by grumblebee
An interesting and attractive appetizer and snack. These cheese snacks are delicious as is or served along side some japanese rice crackers and/or edamame! Also excellent as an appetizer or for a party tray. :)
Top Review by Diann is Cooking
I used Edam cheese. I don't know if your cheese was pre-sliced or not, but I sliced my own which made it somewhat thicker. So I simply used two layers of cheese alternating with two layers of nori, with each item more or less matching in length and width, and using the toothpicks for the visual effect. People who like seaweed liked them. Thank you, I was looking for a nori recipe that would serve as a brunch snack and not involve cooking a pot of rice.
- 6 sheets nori, trimmed with scissors if neccesary
- 8 slices processed cheese (eg gouda, cheddar, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim nori to the same size as the cheese slices, if neccesary. Squares are easiest to work with.
- Starting with a slice of cheese, layer with the nori and alternate, using 3 sheets/squares of nori and 4 slices of cheese.
- Press together firmly and cut into triangles or bite sized squares. If serving as an appetizer feel free to put little toothpicks in the centre of each piece - these hold together well though so it's not neccesary. :).