Recipe by Kerena
From a website http://www.cookitsimply.com/recipe-0010-0162c96.html Treacle Tart like my mom used to make.
- 6 ounces shortcrust pastry, rich and sweet
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 8 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons double cream (or single cream if you prefer)
- 2 lemons, zest finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a shallow 23 cm (9 in) tart tin with the pastry and pre-bake or bake blind.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas 6. Put a baking sheet in the oven to pre-heat.
- Gently warm the butter and syrup together in a pan - just enough for the butter to melt but not letting the mixture get too hot. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool a little.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and lemon zest together. Gradually whisk in the warm butter and syrup mixture, then pour the mixture into the pre-baked pastry case.
- Place the tart on the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the centre is set.