- 4 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 medium nopales
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tomatoes, onions, japaenos, cilantro [note I use parsley. I don't have the genes to like Cilantro. It tastes like soap to me].
- Prepare a BBQ with med high heat.
- Combine garlic and half the oil in bowl. Brush nopales with it. Season with salt and pepper. Grill until limp. About 3 minutes each side.
- Cut into thick strips and toss into tomatoes. Pour on oil and vinegar. Season. Mix Serve.