Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious pasta and vegetable dish. Great for lunch or a light supper.
- 1 (12 ounce) package whole wheat linguine, uncooked
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces,steamed until crisp-tender
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 5 large radishes, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the rice vinegar, peanut oil and sesame oil; whisk until blended.
- Put the linguine into a large bowl, add the vinegar-oil mixture; toss to coat.
- Peel cucumber, cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds and cut into thin slices.
- Add the cucumber, asparagus, broccoli, and remaining ingredients to the noodle mixture; toss well.