Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had some leftover leg o' lamb and came up with this recipe. We like this a lot, in fact it's warming up in the oven as I write this, smells wonderfully of feta cheese and lamb, and I can't wait to dig in!
- 3 cups leftover lamb, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 roasted garlic heads
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped and pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Place 1/2 of the lamb cubes, one head of roasted garlic, 1/2 of the tomatoes, 1/2 of the chopped red bell pepper, 1/2 of the olives, and 1/3 of the feta cheese in the bottom of a baking pan (I used and 8"x8" pan).
- Mix the ingredients all around and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a layer of thin zucchini slices over top the lamb mixture, treating the zucchini ribbons as if they are lasagna noodles.
- Drizzle 1 1/2 tbs of the olive oil over top the zucchini and season once again with salt & pepper.
- Place 1/2 of the lamb cubes, one head of roasted garlic, 1/2 of the tomatoes, 1/2 of the chopped red bell pepper, 1/2 of the olives, and 1/3 of the feta cheese over the layer of zucchini.
- Once again drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- FInally sprinkle the remaining 1/3 of the feta cheese atop the zucchini.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 mins, or until the feta is golden brown and the zucchini is tender.