Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Noni was a tiny little lady from home, she was my Grandma's best friend for 80+ years. She made the best chocolate cake with this thick sweet icing. She used make it at the lake every summer in the old wood stove.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake in 9 x 13 pan in a 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes.
- For Brown Sugar Icing: In saucepan, add brown sugar, butter and whipping cream. Bring to a boil.
- Boil 1 Minute.
- Add 1 tsp Vanilla.
- Beat with mixer until cooled.
- Spread on cooled chocolate cake.
- Prep and cooking times include icing as well.