Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a neat, no guilt candy treat! It is very easy to make 8)
- Butter 1 or 2 pans and beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Drain the strawberries until they are as dry as possible.
- Boil the sugar, water and cream of tartar to the firm ball stage (248° F).
- Add the strawberries.
- Let come to a boil again.
- Pour slowly, beating constantly,over the egg whites.
- Beat until thick and fluffy.
- Pour mixture into pans.
- Let cool and when firm cut in squares.
This made a very good strawberry marshmallow whatever. It certainly wasn't fudge! Egg whites were at room temperature, used candy thermometer and followed directions explicitly. where did I go wrong? Dottie