1 hr 15 mins
Shannon Holmes's Note:
Made this one for my Grandma's and boyfriend's birthday. They both loved it and you will too. The crust stays soft on the inside and gets crusty on the outside. Break out the pizza stone for this one and be hungry :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 package yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water, divided
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose white flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 34 hormel turkey pepperoni, divided
- 2 cups kraft fat free mozzarella cheese or 2 cups kroger brand mozzarella cheese, shredded,divided
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 1 dash italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce, divided (I used Hunt's Garlic Basil Oregano)
- garlic no stick cooking spray
- 1Place the yeast in a small container with 1/4 cup warm water.
- 2Let stand about 20 minutes.
- 3Saute the mushrooms and onions in a non-stick skillet sprayed with cooking spray until onion is translucent, sprinkling with the italian seasoning, set aside.
- 4Add the yeast miture to 2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon applesauce, 2 tablespoons milk, and remaining 1/2 cup warm water.
- 5Stir until combined.
- 6Knead on floured board until elastic.
- 7Place in sprayed bowl, cover with towel and let rise about 40 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- 8Punch down and roll out half of dough on floured board to size of pizza stone.
- 9Sprinkle said pizza stone lightly with a small amount of cornmeal (to prevent sticking).
- 10Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- 11Place the rolled out crust on stone.
- 12Place about 1/3 cup sauce on dough and top with 1 cup cheese, then half of mushroom-onion mixture, then 17 pepperoni slices.
- 13Spray the exposed crust of dough with garlic spray and place in oven on next to lowest rack.
- 14Cook until crust is brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- 15Cut into 4 slices and repeat steps for another pizza.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Way It's Low Fat Pepperoni Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 467.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: