Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
So easy to make, only 4 ingredients... it's the super-ultimate party dish! Just a few minutes in the microwave with will make everything gooey and hot...so easy to make. This is so simple to put together and so good, and takes less than 10 minutes to throw together and heat in the microwave! You will be making this every weekend! Prep time includes microwaving time. Feel free to throw on other ingredients like onions and chopped tomatoes after cooking. Got lots of people to serve?... then make up two plates or three or four!
- With a large spoon, spread out the beans in a ring on a large microwave-safe dinner plate, leaving about 4 inches in the center of the plate, (that's where you will put the pile of tortilla chips).
- Smear the sour cream and then the salsa over the beans.
- Sprinkle about half of the cheese over everything (as you pile on everything, make certain to leave the center of the plate empty).
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Remove the plate from the microwave, pile the chips in the center of the plate.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the chips.
- Return the plate to the oven and microwave on HIGH for another minute or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove carefully as the plate will be hot.
- Serve hot.
We make these often without the beans and sour cream. It is usually a quick snack while watching tv. We serve the sour cream on the side if we have it. I also sprinkle on sliced black olives and sliced pickled hot peppers if we have them. Sometimes, we sprinkle on cumin for smoky flavor. You can add or subtract based on what you have, but the method is quick, easy, and always yummy!
I loved this easy, quick recipe! The only things I did differently were:<br/>- Mixed the Salsa with the refried beans<br/>- Added a Layer of prepared Guacamole on top.<br/>- Heated (w/o Sour cream)<br/>- Dolloped cold Sour Cream on top.<br/>YUMMMY! Thanks for sharing Kittencal!
Awesome! Will def make again! Used fat free retried beans (was all I had on hand) and it came out great!