A Low Carb outstanding tasty Lasagna, with chicken breast,and Eggplant
Make and share this No Noodles Chicken Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 eggplant, cut length wise 1/4-inch slices
- 354.88 ml low fat cottage cheese or 354.88 ml fat-free ricotta cheese
- 177.44 ml reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small pieces
- 1 onion, medium diced small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4.92 ml oregano, dried
- 4.92 ml basil, dried
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 946.36 ml marinara sauce
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 236.59 ml mushroom, sliced and chopped
- 3.69 ml garlic salt
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 1 Place 1/2 cup of sauce in a pan with the peppers,onion,garlic,and onion. Saute in the sauce stirring frequently until vegetables are wilted.
- Preheat oven to broil chicken.
- 2 Add the rest of the Marinara sauce to the pan. Add the seasonings,and leave to simmer.
- 3 Place a chicken breast half on cutting board. Cut through the center length wise almost all the way though breast. Leave attached. open breast like a book. Lay flat and pound until thin. Repeat with the other 3 halves.
- 4 Put the chicken on a lightly oiled sheet pan and broil for a couple of minutes on each side.Set aside.
- Cut the eggplant length wise in to 1/4 inch wide slices. Place on a oiled sheet pan and broil until lightly browned.Set aside.
- 5 Mix cottage cheese with a dash of basil,and oregano,1/2 the Parmesan cheese,and pepper.
- In a 9x13" pan. Lay the 1/2 the Eggplant on the bottom. Top with some sauce.
- 6 Place half the amount of chicken breast over the sauce. Cover chicken with some more sauce. Add the next layer with the cottage cheese mixture.Then Marinara sauce,EggPlant,sauce and chicken on top.
- 7 Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella cheese.Cover with foil,and Bake at 400 degree's for about 30- 45 minutes
- Hashtags: #Eggplant, #Casserole, #casseroles, #lasagna, #gluten-free, #low-fat, #diet, #chicken, #Italian.