Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I am a garlic lover, but you don't have to use as much as I do. I made it the other day for a 9th hole snack in a round of frisbee golf. It was pouring rain the whole day, but we all felt great!
- 793.78 g canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed (from 2 cans)
- lots parsley, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh peas
- 1 carrot, grated
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Whiz up last 5 ingredients to emulsify for the dressing.
- Toss with the first 4 ingredients.
- Chill for an hour or more.
- Make sure everyone eats some, or you will find them cowering in a corner somewhere.
- Option: Don't use as much garlic.
This is amazing!!! I added 1 tsp cumin, substituted chopped green beans for peas (what I had on hand), and left out the grated carrot. I could have easily eaten the whole batch!
Great taste and wonderful way to get legumes and vegies into the family diet.