Prep 4 hrs
Cook 5 mins
From David Lebovitz' blog at http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2007/11/the_easiest_cho.html. If you want to experiment, you need to include a similar amount and percentage of alcohol to keep the ice cream from freezing too hard. Most of the sweetness comes from the banana, so choose a nice ripe one.
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons whole milk or 6 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons bailey's irish cream
- 1 medium ripe banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- In a small bowl set over a pan of simmering water (or in the microwave), melt the chocolate with the milk.
- Put the melted chocolate and milk, the Baileys, the banana, and the rum in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a plastic or metal container, cover, and freeze for at least 4 hours.