I got this from a friend when I was in high school. This is wonderful!! And so super easy! Thanks Kate!
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a large bowl mix hot water, sugar, oil, salt and 1/2 of the flour.
- Stir in yeast mixture.
- Gradually add remaining flour until it is all mixed in .
- Leave spoon in dough and let sit 10 minute.
- Stir vigorously.
- Let sit 10 more min, then stir again.
- Repeat until it has been stirred 5 times.
- Divide dough in 1/2.
- Roll each half into a rectangle about 9 by 12 inches.
- Roll up length wise and place seam down on a baking sheet.
- Optionally brush with egg white.
- Let rise 30 minute.
- Bake at 400 for 25- 35 minute.