Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
What the title says. No need to knead baguettes
- 709.77 ml lukewarm water
- 1892.72 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 22.18 ml kosher salt
- 14.79 ml instant yeast
- Mix all ingredients together. Cover with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes in it.
- Let rise in a warm place for 18 to 24 hours. It will look very wet.
- Scrape out of bowl with a spatula on a well floured surface and divide in half.
- Shape each into a flattened oval shape, cover with greased plastic wrap and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Fold dough length wise and seal with fingers. Fold length wise again and seal with fingers.
- Roll until it is about 15 inches.
- Place on Baguette pan or sheet pan.
- Let rise until very puffy.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Slash baguettes with razor blade.
- Place a pan of water in your oven floor.
- Spritz baguette with water and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Apparently people don't usually think of fresh bread for a potluck, but I made these to take along as part of my contribution of such an event last week, & the bread was a big hit! Loved making 'em, too! Nothing like some fresh bread for a satisfied feeling! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]