Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An ice creamless parfait of sorts, the kids will enjoy making this as well as eating it. Place uncooked rice into a cup then the cones will stay upright to chill and fill. This is another 'on the fly' creation by a Bird. ;) For homemade Nutella, try Mock Nutella Spread or Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (Mock Nutella from Gale Gand)
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel, melted
- 2 small waffle cones
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄2 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons nutella, divided (recommended Mock Nutella Spread)
- 1⁄2 cup whipped topping
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped fine (or pecans)
- Smear semi-sweet chocolate on the inside of the cones. Use a dowel or wooden skewer to help smear the chocolate on the inside. Place in cup of uncooked rice or lay on parchment paper to set.
- Swirl small amount of remaining semi-sweet chocolate into the melted white chocolate. Dip open tops into the swirled chocolate and immidiately place upright (in the rice) so it drizzles a little down the outside of the cone (use your finger to smear the chocolate or catch drippings if needed). Allow to set again, this time in the refridgerator until chocolate is hard and fully set.
- Meanwhile, mix banana with Nutella. When cones are set, place half the banana/Nutella evenly into bottom of each cone.
- Divide the whipped topping and to half, mix in the strawberries, the other half mix in the lemon juice.
- Place strawberry mixture over banana/Nutella layer thats in the cone. Follow with remaining banana/Nutella. Top with lemon whipped cream, sprinkle with chopped nuts and enjoy.
Made this for the 2 of us more as a novelty kind of dessert than anything else, & it was great! And now that I'm willing to make it again sometime, I need to look into those recipes for homemade nutella! Thanks for sharing this recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]