Churro Ice Cream Cones
- Ready In:
- In order to mold the cones, you will need a sheet of white paper cut into fourths, staples and aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, stir flour, sugar, salt, dry yeast.
- In another bowl, stir warm milk and yolk. Add to the flour mixture. Then knead until smooth. Add melted butter and continue until its smooth and elastic. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth. Let it stand in a warm area until the dough doubles in size [approx. 1-2 hours].
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Roll them into 16-inch-long strands about 1/2” to 1” thick. Cover them loosely and let it stand in a warm area for approximately 15minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using a quarter sheet of paper create a cone shape. Staple it [do not use tape as it will melt in the oven]. Then wrap aluminum foil to reinforce the cone mold.
- Wrap the doughnut roll around the cone mold.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle or roll the cone in the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down. Scoop your favorite ice cream into the cone. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!