Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my go to soup when I am trying to watch what I eat. It is easily adaptable for your personal taste.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can zucchini with Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can beans, do not drain
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies, do not drain
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, generous
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except cheese if using and heat.
- When hot, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Can be done on stovetop or in microwave.
- Note: I mainly use pinto and black beans as they are my favorites.
Made this for Diabetic Forum and tailgating forum and what an easy and delicious soup. I used fresh vegetables (steaming the carrots, green beans and a diced potato first) then continuing with the recipe. I am sure using the can vegetables would make this go even quicker when making. Thank you for a delicious recipe.
I'm feeling a little chunky from all the good food I've made lately. I chose this recipe because of the low fat and health benefits. This soup tasted too good to be healthy. I love how easy it is to put together. Looking forward to eating more for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC, Spring 2008
This was amazing and the whole family loved it! I will definitely be making this again,