Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef rib roast (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cubed
- Combine the first four ingredients; rub over roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, in a roasting pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving.
- Thicken pan drippings for gravy if desired.
I made this tonight and it was delicious! I haven't seen many roast beef recipes with cayenne pepper, but it was really good! I'll definitely make this again!