I love shortcut recipes - the ones that start out with a packaged mix. This potato salad recipe use a package of scalloped potatoes for the base. From an old Quick Cooking magazine, submitted by Myra Innes of Auburn, KS.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set aside sauce packet from potato package.
- 2In a large saucepan, bring potatoes and 3 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3Rinse with cold water; drain thoroughly. Transfer potatoes to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- 4In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in contents of reserved sauce packet. Gradually add the remaining water; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 6Stir in mayonnaise and mustard; gently stir into potatoes.
- 7Add eggs and sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Fuss Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.8
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 133.2 mg
- Sodium 956.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g