Recipe by mailbelle
I love shortcut recipes - the ones that start out with a packaged mix. This potato salad recipe use a package of scalloped potatoes for the base. From an old Quick Cooking magazine, submitted by Myra Innes of Auburn, KS.
- 1 (5 ounce) package scalloped potatoes mix
- 3 2⁄3 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside sauce packet from potato package.
- In a large saucepan, bring potatoes and 3 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Rinse with cold water; drain thoroughly. Transfer potatoes to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in contents of reserved sauce packet. Gradually add the remaining water; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Stir in mayonnaise and mustard; gently stir into potatoes.
- Add eggs and sprinkle with paprika if desired.