Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
like this version
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 (26 ounce) jar light pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs, coating well.
- In 13x9 inch glass baking dish, arrange chicken, bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Pour pasta sauce over chicken: then top with cheese, bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
Fast, easy, delicious. I cut the recipe in half, used chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts and cut the baking time back to 20 minutes total. Also used Italian Tomato Sauce for the sauce.
Perfecto! I used egg white instead of the whole egg to further reduce the fat. The chicken was really moist and it's a great lowfat recipe for my diet arsenal. Thanks!
Really easy and inexpensive to put together. Chicken remains moist and the cheese gets a great texture. Highly recommended!