Recipe by matthewtrooney
I came up with these while trying to make a low calorie chocolate treat, enjoy...
Top Review by Katie P.
Being an obsessive brownie eater, I thought I would give this recipe a try (so if i ate the entire batch myself I wouldn't feel bad about it). I have a couple of complaints. This makes VERY little batter My brownies came out really thin. The cook time is off, it took mine over 25 minutes and they still weren't cooked all the way through. The taste as well takes kind of like a mutant chocolate brownie. Which I can expect, but it has no cakey feel to it, just mushy chocolate. Needless to say, this doesn't really hit the spot for me.
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup whole meal flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 180 degrees C and lightly spray a 4 by 8 inch cake tin.
- Mix the cocoa and water together in a heatproof bowl.
- Add the egg whites and vanilla and mix well.
- Separately stir together the flour, Splenda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the powder mix to the cocoa mixture and combine the two together.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for approx 20-25 minutes.