Recipe by riffraff
This is NOT traditional, nor is it heavy. It's a light, fresh, colorful alternative. I use on sandwiches and tacos. Cooking time is the time it should sit to mingle flavors.
- 2 cups quick-cooking couscous (I used whole wheat)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped (or substitute the more traditional parsley)
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (I used a mixture of orange and red)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- additional lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the (uncooked) couscous, olive oil and lemon juice in a very large bowl.
- Let it rest at room temperature to soften and plump-en-up to an a texture like finely chopped nuts.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Add more lemon juice to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours or so.