Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
With all the Snowball recipes on here, I was shocked to see that this one wasn't. This is a super quick and easy recipe that even the youngest child can help with (our 2 yr old neighbor had a grand time)! The perfect Christmas treat! This recipe came from one of the many Gooseberry Patch cookbooks.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream together butter and peanut butter.
- Mix in 1 lb. confectioners sugar, coconut, chocolate chips, oats and vanilla.
- Shape mixture into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll in remaining powdered sugar.
My daughter and I made these today and they are pretty good. The directions were a little unclear with the powdered sugar. The ingredients said 1 3/4 cups and the directions said 1 lb of it, so I just used the 1 3/4 cups of it and rolled them in additional powdered sugar. Next time I think I will use less butter and more peanut butter. Over all it wass a really good recipe and will make again.