Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was a companion recipe to the No-Bowl Banana Nut Cake I have already posted. I haven't tried this one but if it is anything like the banana cake it it will be good AND easy. I hope to try this one soon.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Put flour, brown sugar and oil into an ungreased 8 or 9 inch square pan. Stir with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove and reserve 1 cup of the crumbs.
- To remainder of crumbs in the pan add baking powder, soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Stir to blend.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan and stir until no lumps remain. Use a rubber spatula to scrape any dry ingredients clinging to sides, corners and bottom of pan into the batter. Even out the batter in the pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Cut into 9 pieces.