Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
A date-walnut cake with mixed berry filling
Make and share this No Baking Chocolate Berry Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 230 g dates
- 100 g cocoa powder
- 360 g walnuts
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 700 g mixed berries
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 7 teaspoons butter
- 2⁄3 lb semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup coffee
- Prepare ganache by placing whipping cream, butter, 1/2 sugar, and salt into the pot. When the butter melts, remove from heat and add chocolate, vanilla, and coffee. Mix in and let cool.
- Place walnuts and half of the dates in the blender.
- Mix in 1/2 of the cocoa powder.
- Mix a little of the warm ganache with the walnut and date paste. Divide the "dough" in two halves, wrap in plastic and store in the fridge for 30 min to an hour.
- Cook fresh or frozen berries with the lemon juice and cornstarch for 5-10 minutes till the mixture condenses.
- Blend the rest of the dates with the rest of the cocoa powder, then mix with the berries.
- Assemble the cake by spreading 1/2 of the dough on the bottom, then a layer of cooled and thickened ganache, berry mixture, the second part of the dough. Use the rest of the ganache as frosting, and decorate with berries to taste.