Recipe by Karrie Massotti
Pizza toped with tons of veggies. I am not a veggie lover but I love this pizza. Great way to get kids to eat veggies. My mom and I made this one time but she also made a pepperoni pizza for my dad because he HATES veggies and she was sure he wouldn't eat this. He ended up ignoring the pepperoni pizza and eating this one instead.
- 2⁄3 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 ounce yeast (2 packets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano (or whatever spice you enjoy)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 ounce ranch dressing mix (1/2 package)
- 6 ounces fresh spinach (1 bag)
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 2 carrots
- 2 red peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400*F
- In med. bowl mix water and yeast.
- Stir until yeast dissolves and let stand for five minute
- Add oil, salt, seasoning, and flour in that order and mix.
- Let stand five more minute and turn onto floured board.
- Knead six or seven times and put on oiled pan.
- Bake for about 20 minute or until golden brown.
- Optional (use pre-made crust or refrigerated crust, won't be as good but simpler).
- In small bowl put softened cream cheese and other ingredients and mix until almost smooth and set aside.
- Chop all veggies really (and I mean REALLY) small fine pieces. I would make them all about 1/4 inches.
- When the crust cools
- Spread sauce over crust.
- Top with any desired veggies. To follow above recipe, I do the broccoli then carrots then red peppers and top with the spinach but experiment with your families favorites.