Designed for hiking and backpacking trips, these bars are high in protein and clean carbs, do not require refrigeration, and travel very well in the pack. I recommend using non-pasteurized (living) honey, natural peanut butter with as little additives as possible, and quick oats.
- Combine the peanut butter and honey in a large nonstick pot and warm over low heat until runny and mixed.
- Mix in the oatmeal and protein powder.
- Do not bake, but heat enough to mix nicely.
- Press into a 9x9 inch pan and let cool (to make cutting them easier, you could stick the covered pan into the refrigerator for a few hours).
- Slice into 16 bars and package in sandwich baggies.