Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mother used to make these when I was a kid. I still love them as an adult, but don't want to be tempted to eat an entire batch. So I came up with this recipe - perfect when you want just a little something sweet, but not too much.
- Mix sugar, Hershey's cocoa and dry milk thoroughly in a small saucepan. Add water and butter. Then stir constantly over medium/high heat.
- After butter has completely melted, continue stirring and boil one minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and then oats.
- Drop by the spoonful onto wax paper or dinner plate.
- Eat warm or save for later.
I was having a bad day and needed some comfort cheer me up food. This did the trick!! Very quick, very easy and sooooo good. I used 1.5 T of liquid milk and added some coconut. Thanks!
Easy and yummy. I didn't measure anything, eyeballed it all, and it came out just fine.
Really, really good! I doubled the recipe and it made about 8 cookies. We ate them all up rather quickly! Very simple to make and very yummy!