Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from http://southernfood.about.com. This one's a little different than the other no-bake peanut butter and cereal bars I've found posted here. I've been looking for a particular one after having a really good no-bake cookie a couple years ago, and I think I finally found it. Times do not include the one hour chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- salt (just a pinch, to taste)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup corn flakes, slightly crushed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In saucepan, bring corn syrup, brown sugar, and salt to a full rolling boil; stir in peanut butter.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla, crisp rice cereal, corn flakes, and chocolate chips.
- Press mixture into a buttered 9-inch square pan.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up before cutting.
- Keep bars in the refrigerator.