Vino Girl's Note:
This is from http://southernfood.about.com. This one's a little different than the other no-bake peanut butter and cereal bars I've found posted here. I've been looking for a particular one after having a really good no-bake cookie a couple years ago, and I think I finally found it. Times do not include the one hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In saucepan, bring corn syrup, brown sugar, and salt to a full rolling boil; stir in peanut butter.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in vanilla, crisp rice cereal, corn flakes, and chocolate chips.
- 4Press mixture into a buttered 9-inch square pan.
- 5Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up before cutting.
- 6Keep bars in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-bake Chocolate Peanut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g