1/1 Photo of No Bake Chocolate Pôts De Crème
These are not for the faint of heart but for the true chocophile. They are very rich! Serve with raspberry sauce and whipping cream, for an easy, elegant dessert. For the best flavor and texture, use high-quality chocolate. If substituting chocolate chips for the chocolate, be sure to use a high-quality brand, such as Ghirardelli bittersweet chips. Time does not include chilling before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chocolate in a large bowl and set aside.
- 2Whisk the egg yolks, sugar, and salt together in a bowl until smooth.
- 3Bring the cream and milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove the pan from the heat and slowly whisk about 1 cup of the cream mixture into the yolks. Slowly whisk the yolks back into the cream mixture.
- 4Return the pan to low heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens slightly, just enough to coat the back of a spoon with a thin film, and registers 175 to 180 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, 7 to 9 minutes.
- 5Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into the bowl with the chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes. Slowly whisk the mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in the vanilla and then divide evenly among six 6-ounce ramekins.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Bake Chocolate Pôts De Crème
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.3
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 328.2 mg
- Sodium 88.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g