Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A family favorite (and friends). Not sweet, yet creamy, and bursting with richness and flavour. I never thought I'd let this one go.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- fruit, for topping (of your choice, I use canned pie filling)
- CRUST: Mix all ingredients together and press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- FILLING: In a small pot add water to gelatin, stir over LOW heat until completely dissolved and clear.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar with a mixer, on medium speed until blended.
- Gradually add gelatin mixture, then milk and juice.
- Cool in fridge until SLIGHTLY thickened.
- Fold in whipped cream and pour over crust.
- Put in fridge without topping.
- Let set until firm, FLAVOUR comes out really only after 24-hours.
- Then add topping of choice fresh or canned.
Brilliant! I love that there's no eggs in it. Thank you Cheryl.
Just what I was looking for. I didn't use sugar in the base and instead of topping with fruit I added some drained tinned fruit salad to the filling. Great cheesecake recipe for summer....
So easy to make, and SOOO yummy! It is true, one needs to wait 24 hours for the flavour to develop. About 15 minutes in my (newish) fridge was enough to thicken it before adding the whipped cream, YMMV. I used butter in the crust, not margarine, with delicious results. Luschka - I had lumpy results the first time too. The second time I let the cream cheese get all the way to room temperature and whipped it remorselessly with the beaters. No lumps!