Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This soup was an experiment, it turned out excellent. My intention was to use kohlrabi differently (in Croatia we use it only for two meals: stew and another stew), so I tried to make a soup. This is how it goes:
- 100 g onions (baby spring onions)
- 20 g celery (green sprigs)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 20 g butter
- 400 g kohlrabi
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons semolina
- 100 g heavy cream
- 15 g pancetta
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 10 g salt
- 2 g pepper (white)
- Cut spring onions and kohlrabi and sauté it in mixture of olive oil and butter.
- When it gets soft add celery, garlic, salt, pepper and water (1 liter+) and cook 20-30 minutes on easy fire.
- When the vegetable is soft take blender or stick blender to make creamy mixture. Add semolina into soup.
- In the meantime cut pancetta into very thin pieces and fry them until crunchy. Put the pancetta onto a paper towel to soak fat.
- Cook blended soup for 10-15 minutes more. Before serving add heavy cream and parsley. Serve with croutons.