1/1 Photo of Nitko’s Kohlrabi Cream Soup
This soup was an experiment, it turned out excellent. My intention was to use kohlrabi differently (in Croatia we use it only for two meals: stew and another stew), so I tried to make a soup. This is how it goes:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut spring onions and kohlrabi and sauté it in mixture of olive oil and butter.
- 2When it gets soft add celery, garlic, salt, pepper and water (1 liter+) and cook 20-30 minutes on easy fire.
- 3When the vegetable is soft take blender or stick blender to make creamy mixture. Add semolina into soup.
- 4In the meantime cut pancetta into very thin pieces and fry them until crunchy. Put the pancetta onto a paper towel to soak fat.
- 5Cook blended soup for 10-15 minutes more. Before serving add heavy cream and parsley. Serve with croutons.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nitko’s Kohlrabi Cream Soup
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.1
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 1038.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: